Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

EPCOT was Spectacular!! (Beware: Long Post)

Good Evening! 

I just returned from Epcot. I had so much fun, I don't know even know where to begin.

ENTRANCE:  

When I walked in, I immediately felt like I had been transferred around the world. In just a few steps I had entered London, England. Then I moved on to Ireland then to Greece. Every country felt authentic as I could smell the food cooking, music playing, and traditional clothing choices. WOW!

RIDES

The first stop and longest was at LAND where Nikki and I stood in line to ride SOARIN (click here to learn more). You hang glide over rivers and oceans past sand dunes and skim over mountains.


 CHARACTERS:  

After we finished the ride it was time to Find and Seek some Disney Characters. We found Snow White and Duffy.

FOOD:  

We also stuffed our faces with all kinds of international delicacies. We ate so MUCH food (the Food and Wine Festival was going, so we didn't want to miss out on trying some special treats). Some new-to-me foods included:
Mexico, Aztec ancient pyramids
  • BRAZIL: Crispy Pork Belly with black bean salsa
  • GREECE: Griddled Greek Cheese topped with honey and pistachios
  • FARM FRESH: Pepper Bacon Hash with Sweet Corn, Potatoes, Cheese Sauce and Pickled Jalapeño
  • MOROCCO: Baklava
  • POLAND: Sauerkraut Pierogie with Pork Goulash



ENTERTAINMENT:
We ended the night by watching the Epcot IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks show. We scored a front row seat and could even feel the heat from the flames. Perfect ending to a fun night!
~Stanley


No comments:

Post a Comment