Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Exploring Duluth...Finally!!

Stanley at the Lift Bridge
It finally happened friends! I finally was able to explore Duluth, including its best known landmark. The Canal Lift Bridge or I've also heard it referred to as Megan's bridge (lucky girl)! I saw the bridge when I first arrived, but only from very far away. Today I stood under it, while cars drove over my head. It was AWESOME!!

Enjoying a tourist moment

I also walked around Canal Park a little bit and visited the Marine Museum and a couple of stores for a souvenir to bring back with me. I even watched a HUGE ore boat slowly approach the bridge. Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch it come all the way in.

I hope each of you is able to visit it someday. Today the water was completely calm, but Nikki said that sometimes there are 6 foot waves out on the lake!!! I'd love to see that.



Until later. Your friend,
Flat Stanley


No comments:

Post a Comment